Ruger SR22 Rifle - 22 LR :
The autoloading Ruger SR-22 Semi-Auto Rimfire Rifle combines the reliability of the Ruger 10/22 with the ergonomics and configurability of the Ruger SR-556. The SR-22 Rifle places a standard 10/22 action inside a top-quality, American made, all-aluminum chassis that is custom-manufactured to Ruger specs. Features a Picatinny rail optics mount; rapid-deploy sights; round, mid-length handguard; and a patented, detachable 5-shot rotary magazine. This product faithfully replicates the AR-platform dimensions between the sighting plane, buttstock height and grip. Black, collapsible synthetic stock
Features & Design
- Patented, detachable 5-round rotary magazine
- Legendary action, a tried and true Ruger design, ensures consistent, reliable performance
- Easy-to-use extended magazine release provides smooth, no-fuss removal
- AR-style ergonomics with industry leading Hogue Monogrip and six-position, telescoping buttstock
- Positive, push-button, cross-bolt manual safety
- Picatinny rail optic mount allows a variety of sight or scope options
- Round, mid-length handguard is mounted on a standard-thread AR-style barrel nut
- Combination scope base adapter for both Weaver-style and .22 tip-off scope mounts included
- Cold hammer-forged barrel is locked into the receiver by a unique, two-screw, V-block system
- Heat-stabilized, glass-filled, polymer trigger housing assembly
- unmatched ability to withstand the elements
Bullet Caliber Descriptions
Low cost, minimal recoil, and relatively low noise make the .22 LR an ideal cartridge for recreational shooting, initial firearms training, small-game hunting, and pest control. Used by Boy Scouts in the United States for the rifle shooting merit badge, the cartridge is popular among novice shooters and experts alike. The rimfire round is commonly packaged in boxes of 50 or 100 rounds, and is often sold by the brick, a carton containing either 10 boxes of 50 rounds or loose cartridges totalling 500 rounds, or the case containing 10 bricks totalling 5,000 rounds. 22 LR ammunition is among the least costly cartridge ammunition available. A wide variety of rimfire ammunition is available commercially, and the available ammunition varies widely both in price and performance.
- Small Game
Bullet weights among commercially available ammunition range from 20 to 60 grains (1.3 to 3.9 g), and velocities vary from 575 to 1,750 fts (175 to 533 ms). Promotional loads for plinking can be purchased in bulk for significantly less cost than precision target rounds. The low cost of ammunition has a substantial effect on the popularity of the .22 LR. For this reason, rimfire cartridges are commonly used for target practice.
40-grain (2.6 g) lead: 1,082 ft/s (330 m/s) .22 LR subsonic
36-grain (2.3 g) copper plated lead: 1,328 ft/s (405 m/s) .22 LR high velocity
32-grain (2.1 g) copper plated lead: 1,640 ft/s (500 m/s) .22 LR hyper-velocity CCI Stinger.